Chris Popov has built a reputation as a dynamic and commercially savvy attorney that clients want on their side of the negotiating table.
Chris has practiced law in San Diego since 1979 and has diverse experience in all aspects of business law, including forming and structuring businesses, capitalization structure and financing, mergers and acquisitions, negotiating equity and debt financing and architecture of complex joint ventures and business opportunities.
THE ROAD TO BECOMING A TRANSACTION ATTORNEY
Prior to joining the Watkins Firm as Of Counsel, Chris was the founding partner at Popov & McCullogh LLP. His experience at Popov & McCullogh was in the area of business financing and mergers and acquisitions, including State Securities laws, state Blue-Sky requirements and business litigation and defense of Securities and Exchange Commission investigations and Internal Revenue Service matters.
Chris’ focus for the past several years has been on mergers and acquisitions, technology ventures and representing medical practices in partnership formation, in office ancillary medical services ventures, surgery centers, medical partner admissions and practice sales. In addition, Mr. Popov practices aviation law and is on the legal panel for AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association).
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
As a native San Diegan, Chris enjoys everything this city has to offer but most importantly he enjoys spending time with his family and friends. Chris is also an aviation enthusiast and a licensed commercial pilot.
WHAT CLIENTS THINK
“Chris always adds his personal touch to each transaction, and it is evident that he invests time in understanding his clients’ needs before advising them accordingly.” A. Smith
Location: San Diego, California
Contact: Contact Me
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Forming and Structuring Businesses
- Capitalization Structure and Financing
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Aviation Law
Western State University of California
- California, 1979
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Central District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California, Member
- AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association)