SAN DIEGO BUSINESS LAW ATTORNEYS
Helping San Diego Business to Start-Up Grow and Thrive
The Watkins Firm is a boutique business law firm that focuses on providing personalized, cost-effective and experienced business contract, transaction and litigation services to clients in San Diego County and throughout California.
With a primary focus on providing services to small and mid-sized businesses, we have also represented major corporations and entities, such as Coldwell Banker and Sheraton Hotel & Resorts. Many of our clients have stayed with us for decades, calling us their “first choice” for outside business counsel.
Whether you are considering forming a business, require contracts to manage relationships with employees, suppliers or distribution channels, are facing a breach of contract dispute, or in the midst of dissolving your business our San Diego business law attorneys have the experience and knowledge to help. Contact us online or call 858-535-1511.
Flat Fee for Business or Professional Corporation Formation
To give you an idea of what is included in the flat fee rate for the professional corporation formation, we provide the following:
- Prepare and file the Articles;
- Obtain the Employer Identification Number;
- Prepare and file the Statement of Information;
- Prepare Bank Resolution and provide documentation required by a bank to open a company account;
- Prepare Bylaws that include information and details specifically related to the company and its members;
- Prepare Organizational Minutes (First Meeting Minutes) that include information and details specifically related to the company and its shareholders, directors and officers;
- Prepare Stock Ledger;
- Prepare Stock Certificates;
- Prepare and file Medical Board Fictitious Name Permit and County Fictitious Business Name Statement;
- Prepare and file S-Corporation Election; and
- Prepare and file 25102f Notice of Stock Transaction of Filing (California).
The filing fees associated with these filings are in excess of the flat fee charge (they range from $300 -$400). As well, the flat fee rate includes our discussions about the best type of formation for your business and allows us to answer your questions without charging our hourly rates.
If you choose to prepare these documents yourself we would recommend that we at least prepare the professional corporation bylaws [or the operating agreement for the LLC] at minimum. This would mean paying us hourly. Doing that usually results in a very small savings and no assurance everything will be done correctly.
Our flat fees are definitely the most economical way to go. Larger firms in town may charge twice what we do for the same work. There is peace of mind knowing that lawyers and paralegals with decades of experience in your field of business will be preparing your documents and advising you both legally and practically as you launch your business.
I hope we get the opportunity to represent you.
Listen to Our Podcast Episode: Starting a Business
Choosing an Entity and Drafting Key Agreements
The formation of a business entity is the first step toward determining how the business will be managed and controlled, as well as the relationship between it and its owners and investors.
Our experienced business law attorneys can help you explore your options and choose an appropriate California business entity to meet your goals, including
- Corporations (subdivided into C and S corporations)
- Limited liability companies (LLC)
- Limited liability partnerships (LLP)
- Professional corporations (such as Medical practices)
- Nonprofit entities and 501(c)(3)
- General and limited partnerships
- Business Organization – Frequently Asked Questions
Business formation is not, however, just about choosing an entity and registering with the secretary of state. Many entities require the drafting of articles of incorporation, bylaws, operating agreements and other documents that can have a significant impact going forward.
In addition to these formation documents, we assist new businesses with the drafting of key business contracts, including employment agreements and franchise agreements.
Making Sure Joint Venturers Are Personally Protected
If you are getting involved in a joint venture, it is particularly important to take steps to protect your personal assets and decide how the business or investments will be managed.
Our attorneys can counsel you on how best to pursue your personal goals through appropriate business entity selection and the drafting and negotiation of agreements between co-owners or investors, such as buy-sell or shareholder agreements.
Retain an Experienced California Joint Venture Attorney
We look forward to helping you get your business off the ground with an eye toward its future prosperity and your own personal protection. Contact our California joint venture lawyers to discuss your options.
Contact a Business Law Or Real Estate Attorney Today
To set up a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our knowledgeable San Diego business lawyers, call us at 858-535-1511 or contact us online.